23 May 2015

You Ought to Know About Wegivebooks.org





I'm so happy to be joining Buzzing with Mrs. McClain for another "You Ought to Know" Blog Hop. As you know (or may not know) I love educational websites! Today's post is about a website called We Give Books.org!
 
 
I was browsing the web one afternoon for online reading books for my students when I stumbled onto this free website.
 
 
There are over 200 books to choose from and includes fiction and nonfiction books as well as fairy tales and folklore. There are some well know books like the "Llama Llama" books and many, many life cycle books.
 
You can click on a book to "Read Now" or click on "More Info" to learn more about the book.
 
If you click on "More Info", you get information about the book and the author. It will also display the number of times to book has been read and other books by the same author.
 
 
 
 
 
 
When you click on "Read Now", you will can read the book. It is fully automated and can be read on a full screen.
 
 

 
You can even read on a full screen (without the logo at the top), which is perfect for reading as a class or for the reading center.
 
You do have to log in to read all of the books, but it's free. Some books can be read without a log in. Afterwards, you have numerous books at your disposal.
 
Book can by filtered by age, genre, and author. It can also be sorted by "Most Recent", "Alphabetical", "Most Read", and "Shuffle" (or randomization). You can even search for books if you need too.
 
 
 
I hope you'll find this website as helpful as I did! You can this website if you have flash player on your iPad. I use Puffin Browser (free). Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to stop by my Facebook page for my 900 follower giveaway!
 
 

1 comment :

  1. Another useful resource I can def use! This will be going up on my class website resource links for sure!

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...