26 February 2016

GoFundMe Project - Games and Technology in the Classroom


Greetings, everyone!

My name is Chandra Martin, a brand new teacher with 3 years’ experience.  I love working with children all of ages, particularly the younger students. I'm fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher. I want to raise money to purchase a Portable Interactive Whiteboard and projector. This will allow me to create better interactive games for students and teachers in the classroom all over the world.  =)

     
At the end of my 3rd year of teaching in NC, I started having seizures at random times. Because of this and to not traumatize any students, I made the ultimate decision to stop teaching in the classroom until I know why the seizures are occurring. I was heart-broken and miss it terribly every single day. I have a few pictures from my classroom trip the a Natural History Museum.

A past student on a field trip to a museum.


Students searching for fossils at the museum.

 I wanted to continue to inspire and pass on the values I have learned thus far in my lifetime so I decided to open a small TeachersPayTeachers store. I started to make money and also help children grow and learn from afar. Although the money has been helpful, it cannot pay for all the medical bills that continue to pile up. I barely made the funds to make ends meet, but with the help of my store, it has slowly helped. Thankfully, nothing horrible has been found (no tumors, diseases, or cancer) and am continuing to find out why these seizures occur. 


My TeachersPayTeachers Store Business Card.

I want to raise money to purchase a Portable Interactive Whiteboard and Epson projector from Amazon.com or Staples/OfficeMax. This will allow me to creative better interactive games for students and teachers in the classroom.  As a child, I often struggled in school, especially reading, but with the help of my teachers, I was able to receive my diploma and my Bachelor’s degree in Education.



My 2nd grade classroom in 2013.

I'm having a Chain-link Challenge! For every $1 donated, I will connected 25 paper chain-links together. Each chain link represents each students. The average class size ranges from 20 to 30 students so $1 donated equals 1 classroom you have helped. The more you donate the more chain links I connect and the more students you help!

Here's a video better explaining the challenge:


If you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot go to Donorschoose because I am not currently in the classroom. I would love to receive the funds to make this wonderful dream purchase as soon as possible. I would be grateful for any donation you make. You will make a difference in my life and countless children all over the world.

If you'd like to make a donation, you can donate here on my official page.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...